Help shape the English language

What word describes an informatics professional? I’ve used “informaticist” for several years, but lately I’ve been hearing “informatician” a lot. Which do you prefer? Is there a distinction? Perhaps it’s time for a definitive definition.

Informaticist or informatician? Click the “comments” link below or e-mail me with your opinion.