I don’t have any inside knowledge about whom the White House might be considering to replace Dr. Farzad Mostashari when he steps down from his post as national health IT coordinator on Oct. 5, but I get the sense Principal Deputy National Coordinator David Muntz will at least be acting head of the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. What makes me think this?
Here is the lineup for tomorrow’s press conference at the U.S. Capitol marking National Health IT Week:
- Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.)
- Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.)
- ONC Principal Deputy National Coordinator David Muntz
- Former Wyoming Gov. Jim Geringer
- Incoming Director of the Department of Health for the District of Columbia Dr. Joxel Garcia
Mostashari isn’t speaking. Muntz is. The transition is underway.
By the way, I had a chance to interview Mostashari yesterday. Stay tuned for details.